Another week goes by full of work and hiding from the hot weather. I mean it, I’ve the palest English Rose complexion on the planet and I get sent to live in Budapest in June in 34 degree heat! I’m like a ninja at the moment trying to hide in the shadows and on reflection of this, my inter-railing plan in the middle of Europe in July was pretty stupid. But anyway! I’m really excited about going home for the weekend on Friday, its my little sister’s second birthday and social event of the season of course so I’m flying home to see all my family and Brian. I’m a bit distracted, thinking of what I’m going to wear for the party (yes, I’m putting this much thought into a two-year-old’s party!) but I’ll take the time out for this weeks Scrumptious Sunday Seven! I’m so pleased with the response on the blog at the moment, I’m getting great hits and comments from all you readers so I just want to say thank you to all of you 🙂
1. British Vogue. I may have mentioned this before but I absolutely love British Vogue. I may have even put it in one of these posts, I don’t care! For the last couple of years, I’ve read it avidly and I can’t wait to go home so I can start ready again! Its way too expensive here!
2. Kate Middleton or the Duchess of Cambridge, whichever you prefer. Our generations Princess Diana and the elegant style icon that is needed in today’s society. Her latest outfit choices at the Royal Jubilee have left us in awe, like she always does and we have to ask ourselves, can Kate ever get it wrong?!
3. Ballet pumps! I’m looking for some shoes that won’t murder my feet for all the walking I’ll be doing in July and I would LOVE some input on this! In the meantime, I’ll think about ballet pumps! However as I have a bit of a vertical problem…I’m a shortarse (yes, that’s the technical term!), ballet pumps aren’t a great choice for me, cos I like to wear heels and boots most of the time but I find them utterly adorable on everyone else!
4. Orange. I love the colour orange, especially in the summer and when its hot, orange is a beautiful vibrant colour to wear! Personally I don’t have enough orange in my life as it would clash with my hair but there is always a solution to this, changing your hair colour!
5. Kim Kardashian. As much as I don’t like her, she is a fashion icon to millions of people and some of her outfit choices should be commended. Wish I’d look as good as that in a bandage dress! Just don’t get me started on her!
6. Playsuits. I’m always running around in my Topshop one and its the most comfortable thing ever, perfect for the summer months! It’s the lovechild of a minidress and a jumpsuit and they fit so perfectly into my wardrobe!
7. And last but not least, some inspirational fashionista quotes and cute pictures to get us through the week and to make my week go incredibly fast until Friday!
Keep styling, Em x